Relax, recharge and rejoice in this very private and unique villa on the shores of Tankah Bay near Tulum. Villa Mirador is the perfect hideaway in paradise. An abundance of privacy, an idyllic tropical setting on the aquamarine blue Caribbean sea, and yet still close to many activities and attractions. This very unique villa is highlighted with four oceanfront bedrooms, an oceanfront pool, a spell bounding rooftop mirador ‘viewpoint’ and a great staff waiting to make your stay so very special.
Villa Mirador celebrates nature and Mexico. A very open and unique design that can open the villa to the environment brings indoor and outdoor living into one. An extensive array of local building materials, styles and furnishings are all part of what makes this villa so special. Large Tzalam hardwood posts take center stage to support native marble countertops. Rough hewn hardwood furnishings and cabinetry pay homage to the local forests and craftsman. Vibrant fabrics brighten muted walls. Tropical forests of green, and azure colored waters are ever present and constant reminders of how soothing nature can be. This truly is a place to relax, recharge and rejoice.
On the upper floor a large and open concept space with kitchen and lounge area that runs the length of the building. This central common area splits two wings with an ocean facing bedroom on each wing. The kitchen opens up to a large, handmade dining table. A countertop bar with stools invites an audience while your very hospitable and capable staff prepare a special meal for you. In fact you will fall in love with Alicia and Francisco who maintain and clean the villa during your stay. Francisco is an experienced chef and will delight you with his skills.
The dining area flows into the living room where a sofa grouping will provide a comfortable place to relax and enjoy each other’s company or the TV/DVD/Satellite system. This area opens up to a large ocean facing, covered terrace, which runs the length of the building frontage. Here you will find another dining table and chairs so that you can enjoy your meals ‘al fresco’ as they should be here in the tropics. This terrace also has comfy chairs to sit and enjoy the view while you contemplate just how lucky you are to be here…
Step back inside and on each side of this central space you will find a door leading to a bedroom wing. Each of these bedroom suites is fitted with a King bed, en-suite bathrooms with showers and sliding glass doors that provide an oceanfront view and access to the covered terrace that stretches across the entire length of the home.
Heading down one level to the main floor you will find the other two bedrooms. These too are on the wings of a central lounge area. The bedrooms are nearly identical with a King and day beds plus en-suite bathrooms with showers. These bedrooms have sliding glass doors that access a covered poolside terrace. On the terrace you will find a table and chairs in front of one bedroom and a couch and chairs in front of the other. The main floor lounge area between the two bedroom suites, has a sitting area, wet bar and direct access to the pool and beach just beyond.
Villa Mirador has an elevated oceanfront pool that invites you to settle in and enjoy the view. A bench around the perimeter is perfect for doing just that. Stairs leading down from the elevated pool and main floor of the villa, will take you to a tropical beach area amongst the palm trees. Here you will find chaise lounge chairs and a beach bed under the shade of a palapa. A little further along are additional chaise lounges by the water’s edge.
Directly in front of the villa a sandy beach gives way to a rocky coral coastline. While the coral makes it a little difficult getting in and out of the water (bring water shoes), the effort is well worth it because this same coral comes alive under water and becomes a vibrant habitat for aquatic life. An outer reef breaks the waves and ensures that most days the bay is calm and inviting. The beaches in this area are prime turtle breeding grounds and the waters team with them. It is not uncommon to see these gentle creatures when you are snorkeling.
Villa Mirador is located near the south western point of Tankah bay with a splendid view of the bay and an ideal orientation to capture the gentle Caribbean breeze. Please note that this region of the Riviera Maya may be affected by shifting seasonal currents and weather patterns causing an influx of seaweed on the beach.
Bedroom 1 King bed, second floor, en-suite bathroom with twin sinks and shower
Bedroom 2 King bed, second floor, en-suite bathroom with twin sinks and shower
Bedroom 3 King bed and Single bed, ground floor, en-suite bathroom with shower
Bedroom 4 King bed and Single bed, ground floor, en-suite bathroom with shower
|Season 2023||Dates||Weekly/Base rate|
|Winter||Jan 7 – Apr 21||$5600|
|Spring/Summer||Apr 22 – Aug 18||$4700|
|Fall||Aug 19 – Nov 17||$3500|
|Pre Christmas||Nov 18 – Dec 16||$5600|
|Christmas & New Year||Dec 17 – Jan 5/24||$10,500|
- Rates are in US dollars and do NOT include 22% tax.
- Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
- Base rate is for up to 8 persons. Add $250 USD per week for each additional person or $150 USD for children 9 years of age and younger (plus 22% tax). Children over 12 months of age at time of arrival are considered in the head count.
- The maximum occupancy is 10 people.
- The minimum rental is normally 7 nights. During low and mid seasons reservations of 4, 5 and 6 nights will be considered. For these reservations of less than a week, there will be a 15% surcharge.
- Saturday to Saturday reservations only from November – April.
- A non-refundable $45 USD Accidental Damage Waiver Fee is required, which provides up to $1500 USD in coverage.
- Access to this property is limited to the persons indicated on your confirmation. Exceeding this limit, parties, dinners, get-togethers, drop in visitors, or any other form of access involving non registered guests is a direct violation of our rental agreement and could be reason to ask you to vacate unless prior permission has been granted.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the villa.
- IMPORTANT: The home is for sale and real estate showing may take place during your stay. These visits won’t intrude and will be planned around your schedule.